[RC] Calvary and the East - Michael Maul

In response to:"Someone posted earlier today about the OD ride having a calvary division. It used to be much more common for that about 16 years ago. In fact, the ROC that I did, had riders in that division. Most of the 100 mile rides (here in the SE) had this division. "

This would not work well in W, PS, and SW for most of the year because there's not much to eat between vet checks. I tend to see this as something that's more possible in regions where there's grass year round.

" Cavalry riders will be informed during the Pre-Ride Briefing as to the availability of natural grazing at each Vet Check. If a Vet Check has no natural grazing and the rider feels it important to plan on feeding at this point, he should make efforts to stop along the trail prior to or after the Vet Check to graze his horse."

Mike

Personally, I shouldn't give a s--- where the other people on the course
are, and if I find myself starting to concern myself over this, I remind
myself that this is the first step on the road to overriding my horse and
tell myself to "knock it off!"        :)
~  Kat Swigart