Re: [RC] old timers horse fly rememedy - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 6/8/2004 10:04:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time, trails@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

will the "oil" stop the horse or other critter
from sweating and cooling down at a ride?

I haven't had any problem with it - my horse still sweats the same, and his
recoveries are the same.  I don't put a ton of the citronella in the fly spray
mix.  I use the average clear spray bottle, that's wider at the base (found a
feed stores, etc.  Once I've filled that with fly spray mix, I'll add maybe
60ccs of citronella.  You have to remember to shake it really well right before
spraying...the oily citronella tends to separate from the watery fly spray.

A couple of people have emailed me privately to ask where I got the pure
citronella.  It was several years ago that I bought it - I'll try to find the
source.  I just got a small just from a friend to tide me over till I can buy
some more.  Will post where I bouth it when I find it.

Dawn in East Texas
Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~  Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance