[RC] old timers horse fly rememedy - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jody Rogers-Buttram jody.buttram@xxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, I know this is going to sound bad, but this does really
work.  Diesel fuel, yep good old diesel fuel (and it is cheap)
Legal release:  This is just my opinion-not to be taken as
the gospel by any means. ;)
Take it and pour some on a fly mitt, be careful not to soak
the horse in one area.  It can blister on white skin or if
you soak an area too much.  I have used it for years with
great success, haven't caught a horse on fire yet. :)  Just be
careful not to put too much in one spot.  Rub it on the hair and
you can see where it is going and how much is going on them. Like
any fly repellant, it will need to be re-applied after sponging
a lot.  But it has that oil base that will hold on pretty well.
This is the only thing that I have found to do the trick, I have
bought many of high priced fly sprays with no luck.  I used to
shoe horses for the public and an old cowboy told me this trick.

Good luck
Jody and the girls, Rose, Love, Aries, and Gypsy

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long