Re: [RC] Breeding "No-Names"/CMKs for WSTR - Renie M burnett

Oh Yeah, talk about the gorgeous photography in the "slick" magazine!!  i once had one of those "glamourY" shots done of myself;  by the time I was all highlighted and backlighted and all, i ended up looking like a pretty fancy chick!!  Didn't look a thang like me, however...come on, admit it, have you NEVER taken a BAD shot of your horse?  Like, when he looks like his head is the biggest thing on his body, or the shadows make him look all out of proportion??    I am all of 55 years, but had a mentor who dragged me to Arab shows and farms and events all over the place;  I saw (in their prime and during later years) Fadjur, *Serifix, *Bask, Gdansk, Ferdine, Bay Abi, *Bachantka (my favorite) Zenophon, *Eluzeus, NV Elite, Saxxs (winning Tevis horse owned by Cris Knox), Rowel, (Jim Jones' horse for which we have the Aerc stallion award), and on and on...it is what I have done with my life when not riding!!!!  I have seen and studied every bloodline of each and every arab horse I see; my library is to be envied; mostly given to me by Jim Jones' widow, Lucy.  I am the one you will meet on the trail and if I like your horse, I will ask you his bloodlines; if I DON'T Like  your horse, I will ask you for his bloodlines!!!  I have an almost photographic memory of horses and their pedigrees;  I am the one that can tell you what your horse's lines are before you reveal that fact to me. Bragging?  Heck NO!  I can't remember what I had for breakfast;  horses are too danged interesting.  Incidentally, I also do this with Quarterhorses; I know the working families, the families with the bad genetic problems, which ones who do good in reining and cutting, which are pleasure-oriented or halter champs.  Sheeesh,  Come to my place and I point out my horse's faults before I tell you what he's done...explains why I've never made a dime on MY horses, but have had one hell of a good time with putting them out there and winning, occasionally.

This, I am afraid, will get me butchered and fried on Ridecamp, and I truly am not trying to call anyone's favorite horse (our babies, after all) unacceptable, but this is what I saw;  a herd of horses, supposedly new Egyptian, mostly mares;  one 4 yr. old supposedly pure polish gelding;  the gelding had a pretty head.  end of story.  No, I can't resist;  He had a narrow chest, overlong cannons, too long back, green broke and just not much horse; only $4000...My friends(potential buyers) said "Ixnay".  I studied the mares;  one, about 8, was already exhibiting sway back.  OHH, the saddle search SHE would begin....most had 6" croups; I mean, these horses had no "engine".  I don't believe the Arab needs a QH butt, but please, the rump is the engine!!!  Lots of pindley legs, long cannons, no muscling or a place to grow it, awful shoulders.  No obvious athleticism, no power, no substance, no reason for me to ever  want one;  The former post about SEOUL would never apply to a single horse I saw on this place.  But, I will keep looking at your horses, and I figure i have a few more years of evaluations to make.  Just remember, you buy a cow for how much milk she will give, but the old bitty better be able to walk from the pasture to the barn.!!   Renie