[RC] Zayante & Nick @ Wild West 3 day - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Karen Nelson knelson@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nick- First, congratulations on the solid miles you and Zayante are piling up.
He sure was nice to see up close at my water stop at the top of the canyon
Friday and Sunday.
I also wish to apologize to the riders for the OREOS I had promised them.  My
dog-SPOT-ate the Oreos, and the Wheat Thins, and the Ritz/cheese bits while he
was truck-sitting on Saturday at Lone Grave.  He was very stealthy about his
transgression, and I didn't realise his actions until I was setting up on
Sunday AM.  I am sorry for any disappointments.
Thanks to all the riders for being courteous and remembering that we haul all
the water for this ride and that there are lots of horses who are at the back
of the pack, who need water also.
I also learned something from the Twisted Sisters group of ladies fromn Nevada.
I will try to bring a 35 gallon tank in the future to put flakes of alfalfa
into water and create alfalfa soup for those riders who are encouraging their
horses to stop and quietly eat in the back half of the group.  Those horses who
got the opportunity to eat the "soup" in the single tank were very reluctant to
leave.
Thanks to all who rode the ride and to the radio operators, who I DEPEND ON for
accurate rider count so that I know that I don't have a lost rider to search
for.  Karen Nelson & SPOT.

ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton