From: Jerry & Susan Milam <milamj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jun 6, 2004 9:47 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Clipping Australian Shepherds-offtopic:)

I know this really doesn't pertain to endurance, but I know some of you have
aussies.

My guy is a totally outside mut now and he is always in our creek and briars
etc and he is really a tangled mess. I am always clipping something out of
his fur. Would it be OK to trim the length of his hair a bit so it doesn't
get so tangled up? I was thinking of leaving it only a couple of inches and
that would still give him insect protection and it should grow out by
winter.

TIA,

Susan and Ranger

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins

I think home work is the key to having a healthy partner.
~  Steven Proe