Re: [RC] injectable ivermectin for oral dosing - heidi

There is also a new liquid ivermectin formulated for horses.  The vet
told us that the ph is different than that made for cattle and pigs and
works better in horses.  Is that true, Heidi?  I have used the
ivermection injectable for years without any problems.  It is also now
available in cheaper brands (not Ivomec).

From what I understand, there is virtually no difference.  The pH is more
of an issue with the injectable, I'd imagine--it is going to be altered in
the stomach when given orally anyway.

And yes, there cheaper brands than Ivomec.  Just make sure you are dealing
with plain ivermectin, 1%.

Heidi

And remember, an arab's fourth gait is the spook!
~  Jeanie Miller