From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 4:11 PM
To: tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] The 'X' Factor (was: Mitochondiral DNA,
etc.)

Probably a lot or records that are not available - nor
could be
recreated in any reliable fashion.

Not difficult to recreate at all--just go through the lists
of horses that start rides and do a pedigree breakdown on
all of them.  With the AERC records from the years since
they started listing pulls and the Arab DataSource, it is
not difficult to do at all--it is very time-consuming and
does take a knowledge of which horses are what, though, the
latter being lacking in some of the cases where people have
done this on a small scale and not been able to see the
forest for the trees, so to speak.

Heidi

This weekend, many of you are at rides...25's, 50's or
100's.  You are the lucky ones.  I know you did whatever you
had to do to get to 'em.  I know that each of you go to 'em
with different so-called "goals" in mind...but I also know
that each of you cares for your horse and realize that
"carrying
you" is the least of what he/she does for you.  LIFTING YOU
is the true
effect.
~  Ryder

aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins