Re: [RC] Belmont-Smarty Jones - Truman Prevatt

I don't know 3 races in 5 weeks - only a few have ever been able to win them all. In the Belmont fresh legs usually prevail - as they did today. Thats why the race them instead of anointing a triple crown winner. It's not many horses that can hang thier bridle along side of the bridle of Secretariat, Seattle Slew, Affirmed. The three in five weeks got to him today - the spring was not there in his legs. There have been a lot that have tired but they have all faltered - usually in the Belmont.  The worthy triple crown winners can run a 48 and change first half and win - for the most part they all have.

Truman

Cowgirgoof@xxxxxxx wrote:
Stewart Elliot (Smarty's jockey) should have ridden Samrty like a 100 miler- I knew at the half-way point he was going to blow him out. In each race he won before, he's ridden him at a nice easy second until the top of the stretch. This time he let Smarty pull out front and I knew then he had it blown.
He assumed he had more horse than he really did. Should have paced him...Let that be a lesson to our endurance horses.

Becky

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."