[RC] Polish Horses for endurance-Bask? - Judy Houle

I like the Witez II line too, my first 50 was
completed on a Witez II great-grandson who looked just
like him.  Potato Richardson's foundation mare, Eden's
Cailana was Witez II.  He has all kinds of get from
her doing great on the Tevis.

What about the Bask line, isn't that Kuhailan, or is
it Ofir?  My horse Felex was a Bask grandson by
Gdansk, and pure Polish, and he was the most
level-headed big boned goer I ever had.  I read that
they bred the war horses for courage, and he certainly
had it.  Nothing fazed him.  He hardly ever spooked.
People said he didn't act like an Arab.  I finished 12
100's and 2 two day 100's on him, including 3 Tevis
Cups and 5 Swantons.  Unfortunately, I lost him to
cancer last fall.  He was so stoic he carried a
basketball sized tumor in his gut and finished a 100
miler with all A's and B's, 6 weeks before he suddenly
got sick and died. I'd take another Polish Arab like
him in a minute.  I'm sorry to hear they're breeding
show Arabs instead of the performance bred racetrack
and war horse Arabs like they always did.  I hope the
old lines are getting preserved.

Judy