[RC] Borium on Tevis - Judy Houle

Borium is a bad idea for Tevis!  Too much grip and
torque and increased concussion and stress, the the
last thing you want on top of all those rocks, etc.
If you want to increase grip and traction, try
Hufgrips instead.  I'm a 13-time finisher, and did
most of them with Hufgrip rim pads.  I think they have
a website.  My shoer carries them, ask your shoer.
They're originally an anti-snowballing device.  They
work great.  They have a rubber tube that is flush
with the inside edge of the shoe that is mostly solid
and sticks out a little past the shoe.  The squish and
unsquish as the hoof hits the ground, absorbing shock
and providing traction.

Easyboots would be another choice.  Virginia City is
even rockier than Tevis, and I saw a ton of Easyboots
on horses instead of pads there.

Judy