From: heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 6:50 AM
To: paus@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC]

Yes, Ronteza was awesome. That's why i breed the
WitezII bloodlines.. they have so much heart, great
dispositions and a can do attitude.

I've also always liked *Witez II, but don't forget Ronteza's good CMK
dam--she was by Faronek (who sired the tremendous stock horse sire
Zadir,
who himself was one of the stars of the Kellogg Sunday shows as a trick
horse) and had close-up Farana--the great Kellogg stock horse who they
finally quit showing because he was such a consistent winner that other
owners started pulling their entries when Farana was coming to a show.
(He likewise continued to perform for the Kellogg Sunday shows for
years.)
That sort of athleticism and consistency is why I breed CMK horses.,
and
I suspect those sorts of horses also bequeathed Ronteza with some of her
talent.  ;-)

This is a general commentary on horse breeding in general, and not a
direct response to Chris's post, but far too often the sire gets the
credit for what the offspring do, and people forget to look at the dam
lines.  I've caught myself more than once taking awhile to cotton onto
the
fact that all of the offspring of a particular stallion that I like are
out of a given subset of related mares... <sigh>

Heidi (with lots of both Zadir and Farana in her breeding program...)

This weekend, many of you are at rides...25's, 50's or 100's.  You are the
lucky ones.  I know you did whatever you had to do to get to 'em.  I know
that each of you go to 'em with different so-called "goals" in mind...but I
also know that each of you cares for your horse and realize that "carrying
you" is the least of what he/she does for you.  LIFTING YOU is the true
effect.
~  Ryder