[RC] straight load trailers - Jeannie Cogan

my first trailer was a straight load miley (76).  i was new to horses then and you had your choice of that or a stock trailer then.

i traveled many many miles with my horses , as trail riding was always my thing.  i never had any problem or thought it was dangerous , nor did it scare me in any way.  it followed my truck tires and i loved it.

my next trailer was a 3 horse slant (logan coach).  i had it about 5 minutes when i wished i didhn't .  it was wider, i had to walk the horses in and tie them.  i just didn't like it.  had several incidents where i got slammed into the dividers by strange horses.   in the wind where we are now (New Mexico). i couldn't keep it on my side of the road.  i sold both trailers and went shopping for a 2 horse straight load.  i wanted a goose neck, for camping.

anyway, i loved my two horse.  and wouldn't hesitate to have another one.  except for the camping space.

i now have a gooseneck 2 horse slant load with extra space in front.  this one is designed so that you can send the horses in and has a slam latch on the divider.  i love it.  though i was nervous at first.

good luck in your trailer search.  trail rider

Do you Yahoo!?