[RC] [RC] How many saddles.... - mkrumlaw - oddfarm

How can I ride thee...let me count thy saddles!
OH..MY...WORD! 9 Orthoflex saddles??
Well, I am sooooooo glad someone else collects saddles. And Orthoflex's to boot!

I have:
OF 1995 Premier Dressage.. main competing saddle til a new horse tore off stirrup and bar (my fault).. bought new
OF Patriot..older model, kinda narrow but still nice saddle..bought used
OF 1997 or so Caliente western bought new
OF 2001 Amigo..for daughter, bought from e-Bay for 1/2 price brand new!
OF 1985 endurance performance saddle by Len Brown with snakeskin. great training saddle e-Bay
OF 1984 western performance saddle by Len Brown with snakeskin, leather and snakeskin cantle bag, tapaderos and GAUDY! e-Bay
OF prototype for GaWaNi Pony Boy. cutback with knee and thigh rolls, (although I already have my own :) and fringe on the booties.. latest favorite. .e-bay

I also have an Amish saddle I bought at an auction which is a wide tree and a beautiful Paso Fino parade saddle (e-Bay) that just sits and looks gorgeous.

All of my OF saddles have fit all of my horses except Loony Lance. The older models fit him  because they were wider but the Amish one fits him the best. He is a tank. I like the two older ones because they fit closer to the horses back. I have never had a sore back and I have used them all either for competition or lots of training miles. My very first saddle, the Premier had the long panels on it and I did have to send it back to get the shorter ones.

I love all of my saddles. They are a part of my horse world and I would never part with them. They each have stories to tell, oh if they could only talk! I also just bought a slim western cantle pack from Sportak. Love it.

I also love the camelback. The first one was big and had lots of pockets. The second one was more streamlined and my third one is a fanny pack type. It has pockets for my speakers and one for my Sony MP3. I am good to go!

I hope everyone is riding. I know it is hot but how else are we gonna know how our saddles fit and if we like the Camelbacks if we don't USE them before a ride??

LIVE life like you mean it! You can rest when you die.
Lisa Salas, The Odd faRm and Corona Ranch