Re: [RC] How many saddles.... - jan mutchler

That's a LOT of Orthoflex saddles.  I would be interested in knowing if they
are the older saddles made by the original Orthoflex company, or made by the
new company.  I just bought a new endurance cutback and I see serious fit
problems with it.  In comparing it to an older endurance cutback made by the
original company - the older saddle is a much better fit.
Jan Mutchler
---- mkrumlaw@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Now isn't this the mother of all endurance questions?

This is in 6,000+ miles of CTR (started mid 80's), 3,000+ miles of
endurance, plus the miles before I joined AERC, and training miles....

Now some of this is because I don't like to clean saddles, and I just like
buying new ones....and also I married someone that rides so of course you
need more.

All of our Arabs are/have been 15.1 to 16.00 hands, big boned, and short
coupled.

Crosby Mark VII - worked for a while on a fat horse
Big Horn - Didn't work on anything I had in the barn
Ortho-Flex - Express - Fabulous!  Worked on everything - I out grew it ;-(
Ortho-Flex - Endurance Cutback (Yea!)
Ortho-Flex - Stitchdown (because it was there...but Back sitter seat)
Ortho-Flex - Endurance Cutback (see above)
Ortho-Flex - Endurance Cutback (more horses)
Ortho-Flex - Traditional (too long for my horses)
Rocking R - Minute Man (when OF was closed - Rode 4 miles and sold- YUCK!)
Rocking R - Minute Man (see above)
Ortho-Flex - Express Lite (Husbands riding now, his favorite)
Ortho-Flex - Express Lite Wide (great for horse, too wide for rider)
Ortho-Flex - Endurance Cutback (if it ain't broke)

But alas now I have a barn of newbies and the OFs aren't wide enough and I
can't sit in the wide OF tree....so....Reactor Panel here I come.

Rarely will you have a horse use one saddle throughout it's career as most
horses backs are going to change continually, especially in
the "formative" years.  I've even found that the same style and size of my
OF saddles varies in the manufacturing process and each fit the horse a
little differently.

MKS

This message was sent using MailMan
provided by Good News Internet Services
http://www.goodnews.net/

--
dangerous content by IntelliBlock MailScanner, www.intelliblock.net
and is believed to be clean.

Every horse can be taught to walk faster than you think.  It is one of the
most important qualities of a good riding horse.  Some have it naturally,
others need to learn. On the other hand, if you are riding a tired horse,
an easy jog is more efficient, covers more groumnd with less effort.  (it's
the rebound effect of the two beat trot)
~  Dot Wiggins

where the horse does not fit in; at least in my world,
as delusional as that one may be.
~  Howard Bramhall