Nancy Mitts

From: "Ed & Wendy Hauser" <ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Ranger also slides his shoes. A few years ago when he was wearing out eventers in less than 6 weeks in WI, where the trails are no where as abrasive as the mountains, I did some experiments. I found that I could electroweld hard surfacing alloy onto the eventers before the farrier did the final shaping. I fill the groove at the toe, and put a bead on each side of the rest and cover the heals.
This has worked great. I don't get any resets if he is in training, but they last. The only down side is that on rock they are a bit more slippery than regular shoes. In my opinion, this is a better way to increase shoe life than borium.

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp

One would think that logic would prevail. But then, if logic did prevail,
men would ride sidesaddle. ~ Bob Morris