[RC] Thanks with electrolyte problem - LRN8554

I want to thank everyone who responded with ideas for my mare who wouldn't drink after getting electrolytes for the first time.  I really broke a cardinal rule when I tried something new at an endurance ride and her first 50 to boot.  I was hoping people would say forget the electrolytes, since she's never needed them before, but no such luck.  AND maybe her high weight loss at rides has something to do with the lack of electrolytes.  I had questioned the ride vets about her weight loss but since she was consistently doing it at every ride (thank you SE region for those scales at every ride), they said that was probably normal for her.  It was also suggested that since she has not settled down and is still trying to pull my arms off at the endurance rides maybe she has not learned to take care of herself yet.  Here I am to blame.  We don't do the slow stuff.  I ride her all the time but we never go slow.  A lot of my friends have had to get Arabs in self defense and the ones who still ride the walking horses say I've turned their horses into speed rackers.  Anyhow, the next couple of days we are going to go ride the Virginia horsetrail and I'm going to try electrolyting before we ride.  Seems like a waste of electrolytes to me but it will give her a chance to get used to them and if she refuses to drink I'll be back on here posting again.  Thanks again, Linda Norton