RE: [RC] methods to encourage drinking in ridecamp - Jerry & Susan Milam

I have both of these and use both at the ride but only dose the morning of the race and at VCs.

Susan
-----Original Message-----
From: Truman Prevatt [mailto:tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 8:27 AM
To: Jerry & Susan Milam
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] methods to encourage drinking in ridecamp

There are a lot of good electrolyte formulations out there designed for endurance horses. Perfrome and Win is a good one, but there are others. Runnngbear and Roger both sell it. EnduroMax is another designed for endurance horses and you can find it on the KER site.

Plain old lite salt and regular salt mixed 50/50 will also works. Throw in half as much dolomite nad you have Kerry Ridgeway's home brew mix. I "pre-load" starting about Thursday with some in the feed so that when they start they start out will a full tank.

Truman

Jerry & Susan Milam wrote:
Now that I've purchased something I must return- (Equi-ade), I need to get
ideas of how to encourage my horse to drink in camp so he's got a full tank
on race day. Anyone have a very excited pony who can't focus on taking care
of himself in ridecamp? I already have a buddy in camp with him, but this
hasn''t proven to help him take care of himself any better.

TIA

Susan & Fly Bye

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani

--

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->