[RC] Horses drinking - rides2far

My horse know the words, "drink or go!" when we're at water.  He
generally drinks really well anyhow.

My favorite "good drinker" was "Fast June" Parson's horse High Time. When
June went on a training ride she walked 15 minutes, then she trotted
about 35 miles with a PURPOSE. None of this dawdling around anywhere. I
was trying to keep up with her one day and her horse seemed to shy...one
second he was at an extended trot, the next he'd leaped sideways. Before
my horse even figured out what to spook at I realized High Time was
drinking. It was trot, see mudhole leap over, guzzle, and go directly
back into extended trot all in about 5 seconds time. That horse had
figured out that if he was going to get a drink he had to take it upon
himself to get it. He's the only horse I ever saw running up front, stop
and grab a drink at that first tub at Liberty less than a mile out, then
dash after the crowd. He was 2nd (by a few feet) and I think BC that day.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks