Re: [RC] long /limited distance - Paul Latiolais

So THAT means (following David's logic) that a 50 mile ride by definition must be OVER fifty miles,...because, as a practical matter, it must be measured with a certain limit on the level of accuracy. Hence you must always be over and round down to 50 miles, to insure that it is AT LEAST fifty miles.

Using a standard GPS, I think the level of accuracy is usually around 24 feet. So that would mean that a 50 mile ride would have to be measured as AT LEAST 50 miles plus 25 ft to guarantee that it was an official fifty mile ride.

-Paul