Re: [RC] 100 mile horse characteristics - Maggie Mieske

<And that camp
calmly.  You don't want them to have run their 100-miler in the trailer on
the way to the ride, or in camp the night before...>
And I'll add that for us, a nap is very important for the HORSE.  :) (In
keeping with the nap thread...)  When Malik is comfortable, he naps,
stretched full out, sleeping and dreaming away and even snoring.  Those are
our best rides.  When he doesn't relax enough to take his nap, we don't have
our best ride.
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve

Many of the endurance riders in our top echelons of competition, now and in
the past, exemplify the 'common man' not the hierocracy. It is this
possibility, this chance to come to the fore, that makes endurance
competition of the Aussie/American type so much more desirable to part of
the world.
~  Bob Morris