[RC] Natural coaches. - Winter, Randy or Cheryl

In athletics, many times the people with the best aptitude to teach
don't have the physical ability or the luck to have been at the top of
the sport. But that doesn't diminish their abilities as a coach, teach
or advise.  Most of the best coaches in sports are not the guys that
were the best or even good players in thier sport. Very few great
athletes make good coaches or teachers.

Truman

That is an interesting comment Truman.  I had a dressage instucter years ago
that said when she was learning she did not have the same natural ability
that some people innately have that makes them such naturals, and maybe they
do not even know why themselves.  Just that special talent they are born
with.  But this instructer made it to the upped levels and did well.  She
felt that that helped her be able to teach people better herself, because
she understood how to relate to her students  to position or do what one
needed to relay the correct signal most efficiently to the horse. I think
she also listened closer to what her students asked to better understand
what they needed from her.   Sometimes  when someone is so naturally gifted
or talented at something it is hard for them to relate to other people what
it is they feel or do that make them good because it just happens for them.
I have always felt that a great many people can achieve many things, run a
marathon, play baseball, basketball, etc. but not every one can be Frank
Shorter, Michael Jackson, Randy Johnson ( who just pitched a perfect game).
These people were born with an innate talent that they recognized, and then
developed.

Cheryl Winter
6695

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano