[RC] advice on 100s - larry Miller

I think I would listen to everyone, those who have done 100s, those who have gotten pulled from 100s, vets who vet 100s, folks who observe and crew 100s, those who have not done 100s but aspire or not to do so.  Glean all you can, then apply what will work for you and then go and do it.  By all means make sure the horse is conditioned.  I got thru my first 100 due to a great crew, and Jinny's mom Julie, who rode with me and peed with me on trail.  My everlasting wonderful crew gave me lots of orange juice too to keep me hydrated.  What they didn't tell me was that it was spiked with vodka!!  I am glad that I have done a few 100s but I learned this.  It was a great accomplishment but I really didn't enjoy the experience at all from 75 miles on.  My back ached, my crotch hurt, my legs hurt, and I had to just grit my teeth to finish.  I admire those who go and do those 100s and then go back and do more.  Ya don't know if ya can do it until ya try.  TRY!  Jeanie