Re: [RC] long /limited distance - Truman

Actually mathematicians done care ( and the physicists in me care less) for a simple reason for any number greater than 50 you can name I can give you another one less than yours but still over 50. We can do this an infinite number of times and still have an infinite number of times to go. So in pratical terms there is no difference between over 50 and any number greater than or equal to 50.

Secondly the act of measuring is a physical process which requires some sort of motion to traverse the trail and according to Heisenburg, there is a lower bound to how well it can be measured. So to be percise it should read 50 miles with a standard deviation of X number of miles.

But that's really picking nits ;-).

The acutaly wording is "...not less than 50 miles..."

Later
Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Sorry my arithematic was off - it's been a long week - the average
speeds in which an AERC ride (endurance or ld ) has to be complied in is
 4 1/6 mph.

One other minor correction (but important to anyone who plays with
mathematics)--endurance is "50 miles and over," not "over 50 miles."  :-)

Heidi