[RC] Spike in Heart Rate - Kathy Ramspott

I’ve searched the archives and haven’t found anything that addresses this but if there is just let me know.  What is the most common cause for a spike in the heart rate?  During a conditioning ride all is normal then a spike of over 200 then it comes down to 70s and will do this a few times during the ride.  At the end of the ride the recovery is under 60 within 5 minutes.  Fatigue? Lameness?  Electrical interference?

Thanks for any info, it concerns me that it could have been pain even though the rate came back down.

Kathy R - SE