[RC] 25's, ride records & Cindy - Lauren/Gary

I've had about enough of this nonsense.

Out of the thousands of people who make up the membership of AERC there are
only a fraction that actually participate on Ridecamp.

As far as I can tell, the sport has made periodic changes throughout its
history. Much thought and consideration has gone into the development of
what endurance riding looks like today.

I have ridden 25's and 50's. Clearly, they are not the same (for the horse
or the rider). Of all the membership of AERC I only see a handful of people
complaining about the lack of "reward" for people who ride a distance of 25
miles. The sport is defined as "endurance" when the distance ridden is 50
miles or more. I accepted all the rules and definitions of the sport when I
started a few years ago.  Why in the world would I, new to this sport, come
in and try to change the definition when the "old timers" have put so much
effort into it.

Frankly, I am appalled at Howard's response to Cindy (my best friend) and
that he would dismiss her credibility that is established by her ride
record. WHO would YOU rather listen to? Someone who has been successful for
a long time or someone who has a rather mediocre record?  I have personally
seen Cindy mentor and encourage many riders and try to educate them, whether
they are interested in 25 miles or more.  Some are eager to learn and are
educable. Others, the yahoos, are hell bent for leather and refuse to listen
and learn and they, therefore, are "challenged" in whatever distance they
attempt to ride.

Lauren
Double 8 Ranch
Cody, WY

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton