Re: [RC] re: posting/balance from rc guest - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 5/18/2004 5:26:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I also know a lot of people who get off prior to walking
into camp to the vet check.

I get off as I'm coming into camp, or sometimes a little ways out of camp, and
lead my horse in.  It signals to him that's it's time to mellow out and helps
his HR drop faster (although it drops fast anyhow), but perhaps more
importantly, it helps my bad left knee loosen up enough that I can trot him
out.  I'm usually hobbling pretty bad when I first get off, but by the time I
walk that last little ways into the vet check, I can move pretty well.

Dawn in East Texas
REAL endurance is your water freezing IN the cantle bags!
~ Heidi Sowards