Re: [RC] [RC] Old Dominion 50 mile ride - RBluebirdpr

In a message dated 05/17/2004 7:06:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

They don't do Kennedy Peak now on the 50. The only reason your skin didn't craw was because of all the trees you couldn't see you were on a razor ridge line dropping of to the valleys below on each side while stepping around boulders on a table rock base.

I think this is the place that the sire to three of my horses went off about 14 years ago.  In fact Denise Shepherd visited me at Leatherwood this past weekend and we were talking about the incident.  After they helicoptered Mynte off the mountain he recovered and did many more rides.  In fact Matthew MaCay-Smith bred several of his mares to Mynte after this accident.  I got his last baby this weekend. He's a knockout and in about four years look out for Lung Ta Tyfa!!

Phil Rash