[RC] 25milers - KYielding

Yet again I read "making LD into endurance..." etc. etc.  I will repeat again that 25 milers were riding endurance when endurance rides first started.  They weren't called LD until sometime after 1975.  They were 25 mile endurance rides.  The change was made by the board of directors behind closed doors a long damn time ago for whatever reason.  Did the Great American Horse Race mileage have something to do with it?  I don't know.  Ask the directors who were there.  No input from the membership was required.

I don't really care about the awards because I do believe "To Finish Is To Win," but quit saying that 25 miles have always been LD.  They have not.

But then that's just my memory and God knows I ain't young anymore so...I could be wrong, but in this case I doubt it.

Kathleen