From: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   LD Awards
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 08:54:35 -0600 (MDT)

> (Much like
> the reason that including LD rides in the endurance award program would
> pretty much exclude all LD riders from ever winning any award.)

Kat, this needs to be repeated, and perhaps engraved above the computer
screens of the proponents of "making LD into endurance" until they "get
it."  The effect of just tossing LD into the endurance program is that it
pretty well nullifies the efforts of those who only ride LD, since it
makes them just small fish in a big ocean.  By having a separate LD
program, the LD riders can actualy HAVE a competition in which they can
earn year-long recognition.

Heidi

============================================================ At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden. ~ Maryanne Stroud Gabani

Getting married? Find tips, tools and the latest trends at MSN Life Events. http://lifeevents.msn.com/category.aspx?cid=married

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards