[RC] Weaning - more questions - Rosalie Marley

I got a flyer in the mail the other day for this thing.  What are your opinions?
http://horsingaroundllc.com/ezeewean/index.htm

I have two pastures about 15 acres each, separated by a 20 foot alley.
Mares/nursing foal in one, stallion and riding gelding in the other.  Fences
are 4-
strand electric wire on wooden posts.

Pros and cons of weaning by just moving the little guy in with the gelding and
stallion
(foal's sire), or using this contraption?  Foal has never been with the other
two, just
interacts with them through the fences.

Although by weaning time, I might have put the stallion in to breed the mares
(I
purposly skipped foal heat since I wanted later foals next year.)  I'm still
deciding how
to manage the breeding part (supervised in the round pen or loose in the field.)
I'm also looking into gelding the foal before weaning, if that makes any
difference.

Rosalie
REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight! Heidi
Sowards... but then again... REAL endurance is riding behind someone who
ate egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ author unkown