Re: [RC] Recipe for doing a 100 - Agilbxr

I have thought about hundred mile rides.  Right now I'm not sure I am going to
be able to survive the 50 mile ride that I'm training for.  And I ride a Paso
Fino.  I was told when I started this sport that Paso's couldn't do endurance.
I laughed and said sure they can, you just have to be more careful with them...
So we did two LD's.  The first one Alpine was fit and came in bouncing.  I
came in limping (the vet told me it was a good thing he didn't have to judge my
gait!).  The second one was the first year of the Jennings Boogie, and I took
my unfit horse out just to support the ride.  He finished bucking!  I finished
slightly better off than the first one.  After that, I knew he'd do a 50 mile
ride.

So we are planning on doing the River Run and the Jennings 50 mile rides, and
we'll see what happens.  I don't know if I'm cut out for 100 miles, and I'd
worry about my little paso...if he's capapble of holding up to a 100.
Eventually, maybe, I'll do one, but one step at a time.

Juli & Alpine (50 LD miles)
In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes