Re: [RC] True Endurance Riders - rides2far

Julie,
you will ALWAYS be an endurance rider, you just won't be riding
endurance
rides.

At Million Pines this year they asked everyone who was a 25 miler to
raise their hands. I was entered in the 25 to ride with Bekki Crippen but
didn't raise my hand. A friend called me a snob but the way they stated
it I felt they were grouping the riders and I did not consider myself a
25 miler. If they'd said, "Everyone entered in the 25 mile ride tomorrow
raise your hand" I probably would have raised it. As it was I elevated
anyway so I told the truth after all.

As far as I'm concerned doing an endurance ride is like when a race horse
"breaks its maiden". Once you've done it you are an endurance rider, you
can't undo it by doing some more 25's. I am also a member of SERA (Better
check and see if I paid my dues...I know I've been a member of SERA for
the last 10 years at least) and every time someone speaks with authority
about how we want things in the Southeast and it is totally opposite of
what I feel it bothers me. We have plenty of 25 milers coming up and
that's a good thing but just because I, or a new 25 miler happens to be
from the SE does not either of us are rabid "LD rights" advocates. I
don't think that makes me a snob, just a traditionalist.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long