Re: [RC] Horses Shot - Update - Kari Hanes

Angie,
I've been to most of the high schools in the county and put up reward flyers. My sister-in-law has several nieces and nephews at the local high school and you bet they and their friends are on a rampage about their little cousin's horses! The people at the post office even let me put up flyers, though they aren't supposed to. Several farm/feed/tack stores have offered vet supplies, feed and donations as well. Everyone I've talked to has been more than willing to put the flyers up and spread the word, except the local Wal-Mart (guess where I'm not shopping anymore!). Like I said in a previous post, this is a small rural community and I'm just amazed by the reaction and support we are getting from everyone.

Tonight I've been emailing the local TV stations and newspapers. I also took Maggie's advice and emailed several Michigan based hunting and horse publications. I've got one more city in the county to cover tomorrow with flyers.

I'll give an update again on how it's going in a few days. If anyone has anymore advice please let me know.

Thanks Again!
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm a teacher. I suggest you get a student (know anybody maybe from your
church?) to ask around. Kids tell what they know...and any guilty ones
tend to brag. It never fails when there's vandalism at the school...no
matter how serious, they're stupid and they tell someone and the ones who
hear can't wait to be the first one to tell on them. Case in point. We
had 3 "brainiacs" who hot wired a huge crane type vehicle used to change
lights in the football stadium. They drove it through the fences, crashed
it through the concession stand, and finally got it stuck on the field.
The law had no leads. When they were caught a few weeks later stealing
something at the elementary school they said, "We weren't going to do
anything like what we did at the high school!" (They happened to also
have mass quantities of candy from the great concession stand robbery)

Chances are it was someone quite local. Chances are some kid knows.
They'll turn in their own dad or older brother just to be the one with
the "scoop". Put up a poster in the local high school. I'll be somebody
knows exactly who was playing with a bow that day.  The real "sportsmen"
students will be anxious for the bad egg to be caught too.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano

I drink a 50/50 mix of rootbeer and soymilk at the vetchecks.
~  Libby Llop