From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Wonderful Biltmore
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:02:59 GMT

Please Reply to: Mike Everett mikeeverett@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I crewed for my wife in the 100 at Biltmore and we both had a wonderful time. The ride was well managed and the vetting was terrific! However, I did not particularly like the exit exams. I felt that it took valuable feed time away from my horse. But, I understand that it helped some other horses. I would like to hear from some of the terrific vets at the ride as to the positive effects of the exit exams. I am not complaining because I lack the knowledge to form a definitive conclusion. I enjoyed seeing Robin decked out in his nice attire and Anne looked spiffy in her attire at the awards. Ruth Anne did not ride FEI but we thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the whole scene. I think that the FEI and AERC make a good fit and enhanced the quality of this ride. I loved watching and observing some of the nicest horse teams, vets and crews anywhere. Ann Ayala did an excellent job and we are blessed to have her to do this ride!!!!!!Mike Everett

===========================================================I drink a 50/50 mix of rootbeer and soymilk at the vetchecks.
~ Libby Llop

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail. ~ Dr. Barney Flemming DVM