[RC] My first Biltmore a Blast!!! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Mary Coleman caf@xxxxxxxxxxxx  or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Although I was coming south anyhow to look at land
in Tenn. (YES I am crying uncle after last years NE
winter)riding at Biltmore was not part of the plan.
Than my good friend Nancy Roeber-Moyer called and offered
me her husbands horse for the 50. Without hestation I said
yes wanting to see for myself what all this Biltmore hypp
was about. Charles and me arrived Thursday at 10 a.m. to
what was to be the biggest ride I have ever attended.
I rode Nonsuch Rubban a.k.a. Reds around enough to know
he was a mini-Morgan with a shying apparatus attached even
though he was full Arabian he ate and drank as much as Hawk
does and drug me around as much too.
The first five miles of ride day I spent wondering what I had
done to the Moyers for them to wish this on me! The way Reds was
behaving I was sure it was going to be a one-loop ride for us.
We finally  got things under control so well that we were passed by Irving the
eventual turtle. Reds had all As 64/66 CRI
(great for a Morgan on a hot day) probably not too great for
an Arabian though but not enough to be pulled.
We finished the next 22 miles in 3 hours Reds had settled down or maybe his
batteries were getting a little low either way we
were cleared to tackle the last loop. This was the fun loop lots
of open galloping spots and the only worry now was whether the
Canadian geese were going to attack you near the finish. I had a
great time riding with Nancy and her step-daughter Jodi all three horses
received their completions which made the long hot day worth it. I now know
what all the Biltmore hoopla is about!
The amazing part of the whole ride was even though there were close to 200
horses things seem to go smoothly we never had too much of a wait for vetting,
the trails and the experience were well worth the trip. Many thanks to Nancy
and Barry for the use
of Reds and to Ann and all her great help for hosting the ride.
Mary

for hosting such a great ride.

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight! Heidi
Sowards... but then again... REAL endurance is riding behind someone who
ate egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ author unkown