[RC] Horses Shot in Newaygo County, MI - Kari Hanes

While we were having a great time at Little Manistee my brother, sister-in-law and their two young sons were having their worst nightmare ever. Someone shot both their horses with a bow early Sunday morning south of Fremont. One made it with severe wounds from two arrows, the other did not make it. It is just so sad, both were purebred arabs, the one that did not make it was from our farm, bred and raised here. He was a beautiful dapple gray that seemed to change color every spring when he shed out.

The police have already dropped the investigation after only two days. They are leaving it to us to come up with any more leads for them to run down. I'm asking for everyone's help to come up with ideas to bring these murders to justice. They have contacted the local TV station and are waiting to hear back from them. We have made up flyers and have a bunch of people who are willing to help us canvas the county and put them up everywhere. I have contacts at the newspapers and will be calling all them tomorrow. We also have the brand of arrow, broadhead and length to take around to the sport shops. Does anyone have any other ideas?

The entire family is just devastated. They are good people and we cannot think of anyone who would have a personal grudge to settle by doing something this cruel to them and their little boys. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Kari Hanes
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano