[RC] bunny/satellite/spooking - Scott Johnson

'm not sure--- HorseTV is on satellite (Direct TV) and on some cable
channels and on a local channel in Fresno, as I understand. I'll have to
ask the producer when I see her next--- she's away at her son's wedding
right now. Plus HorseTV has just gone live over the internet, as I wrote
and is on 24/7
Bette

Carol wrote:

Bette,
 Is Horse TV the same as RFD TV? We have Dish satellite up here in
Northern CA.
Carol

Is is not the same as RFD (a really really cool channel!). We have Direct TV in Central CA and just recently got RFD TV, but Direct does not offer Horse TV as an option.

Spooking: real or "he's messing with me again". Had a couple interesting observations on this one. My friend and I used to ride Arabs and would ride down the same canal bank often. These two sillies would "spook" at the same things every time. After a while we figured they might be playing games, so we checked our heart rate monitors and saw no noticeable jump when the "spook" occurred. Now when cruising through the field and a jack rabbit shoots out from the brush and the horses jumped, the heart rate did go up.

Just recently my friend and I were riding our Mustangs in the hills. We were walking along trying to see where the trail was taking us. Suddenly the horses stopped and looked up on the hill above us. A deer was cruising along (my mare's first sighting of a deer)- my mare did not spook but I could feel her tensing and was expecting a jump, spin, or something. I looked at the heart rate monitor and it was at 199!! I would not have believed it if I had not seen it myself. A few minutes later she was back to normal but wow, what a jump.

Dede

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes