RE: [RC] RE:Arabian Disperal - Linda Cowles

I agree with Melanie. It's sad that instead of showing empathy, or offering to help in some way, some of us choose to attack  someone who has fallen on dire straights. Nobody PLANS on losing their husband, job, home, etc..quite frankly "s--- happens". Even if they do have a "contingency plan" it still takes time to put in action and quite often by that time any savings, etc. might be depleted, especially in this economy. I guess for Heidi, as Phil Collins would say, "it's just another day in paradise..." must be nice to be so perfect.

Great comment, Carol.

Count your blessings, folks. You think that couldn't be you in that desperate situation? <heh! heh! heh!> Well, think again.

I had a 6 figure salary three years ago; my signing bonus was more than many people earn in a year - and I worked hard to earn it. Then the world changed...

After being unemployed for over a year, I moved to rural northern California to start a business. It's been two years, life is still VERY tough and money is tighter than ever. I often feel assaulted by the challenges! But my business is growing and I know how lucky I am compared to many people.

I had 4 horses, 2 cars, a nice home, made good money, had a great management position working for an exciting company, a lush retirement account and **LOTS** of valuable stock. Now? Three years later, I count every penny, and the only new clothes I buy are the ones I buy to sell at the shop.

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New, Used & Consigned
Tack & Stable Supplies