Re: [RC] Rhodesian Ridgebacks - Jeannie Gillen

My guy runs like a big cat, maybe tht's why they were good for lion hunting in Africa..... at one year he is very athletic having ridden with me since he was 6 months....he now accompanies me 25 mountainous miles easily...wherein he probably puts on double the distance as he is always "scouting" up ahead.......
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Rhodesian Ridgebacks

My friend Jesse brought back a ridgeback from his peace corps work in Zambia (formerly Rhodesia). He was less mastiff-like than american ridgebacks, more greyhound like, and man could he run!!! Ten miles keeping up with the boys on their mountain bikes over rough trails. They're bred for lion hunting, and sure have the heart for it. Great dogs!