[RC] Boz - Paddi

I rode many miles for many years in my 1996 BOZ which I have sold. I am a lightweight.
When they fit they work fine.
I was contacted by a few people who owned BOZ saddles and wanted to know why I was selling. One rider was having trouble with both her and her husbands Boz saddles.
They had gone on a long pleasure ride lots of hills. Both are heavy weight riders . The horses were skinned in the shoulder and wither area. She said it was very nasty.
 We came to the conclusion that when they were going up hill the flexible tree spread from the weight of the rider being forward . It then was pinching and rubbing the shoulders. Both horses were burnt from the rubs and needed time off.
Another rider with a BOZ at a ride in Canada I was at had bad rubs on either side of the withers. Skinned would be a good description.Again he was a heavy weight rider. He had the new pads without the sheepskin. I think the Boz pads hold to much heat and sweat against the horse. A Dixie pad might help.
I removed my pads and put a Skito and Dixie under it.
Mine were the older style pads with the sheepskin.
When I bought my BOZ I was very happy with it. The price was far more reasonable in 1996.
Kim has a newer Boz with the performance seat tried that and did not like it at all. and she paid extra.
I rode in a Balanced ride saddle owned by a neighbour after that. It was a BIG heavy western saddle.
Personally I decided I don't like the leg position of the Monty Foreman rigging. Balanced ride has the Monty foreman rigging.
 I  found that in hills the back of the saddle lifts and that makes the front dig into the horse. No pad fixes that.
I live in the hills.
Good Luck to anyone saddle hunting. I am trying the torsion endurance model now.
Like the princess and the pea it has to be just right or I am not buying it.

Paddi   who has owned a synergist, a boz, a bighorn, a podium ect ect ect
some fit me some fit the horse