[RC] DVE - sandy . l . holder

I've read the stories for the past 3 years about the DVE - now that I have my own boy.  Originally planned the first year to go and do 1 or more LD's, but things got in the way (our 16 yo teenager boys weren't past the age of us 'leaving them to their own devices' and our house still being there when we got back) and this year my boy ended the season with an e-lyte problem (too much magnesium in the e-lytes caused his to thump so back to the drawing board).  Now that we think we have it figured out (the e-lytes after 2 mo's of diligence), my husband (non-rider) reads Nick Warhols wonderful description of the DVE and agrees - we should go, but we're not doing the tent thingy - he's a motorcycle endurance rider and knows that the cold can really get to you (I'm actually the one that has the trouble, not when I'm riding but when I'm not moving - yikes!).

So then he asks if people (or co's) rent out LQ's?  Now, given he's the non-horse type but supports me in all that I love to do (endurance), as I see it we have three options, maybe four if you count winning the lottery.  First, rent a motorhome and pull our 2 horse bumper pull trailer.  Second, buy one (this has a lower degree of success than the lottery - at least this year since we're trying to buy our own place w/ room for horses), or three, borrow one.  Now, much as I know endurance folks are wonderful people, I think this has a .002 percent chance higher than the buying one option (which is still below the win the lottery option).  Am I wrong here?  Is there some other way to do this?

Oh, he did have another thought: stay at a hotel, he could drop me off to someplace where the horse and all its gear were ("right" - emphasis on the degree of sarcasm) and then pick me up and we could go back to our warm hotel.  I'd rather stay in a frickin' freezing tent next to my horse, but then one of us doesn't have such high tolerance for sleeping in the cold and Nick's descriptions were - shall we say - pretty vivid!

So any good ideas for DVE?  I'm asking now so that I have a WHOLE YEAR to plan and mentally prepare "us" for it!

Sandy
p.s.  my honey's even offered to come up to the convention and <gasp> go to the dance with me to support my endurance habit - oops, I mean hobby. . . I'm truly a lucky woman!!!