[RC] GPS at Rides - Roger Rittenhouse

Hello Ridecamp,

 Well since you asked, yes-  a very few 'over bearing make your own
 rules as we go along' RM have indeed said NO GPS on his rides? Go
 figure.. a tool that helps the rider pace and may help them to keep
 speed down  and not get lost .. but then there just MAY be some one with
 the topo map that would CHEAT  OH-NO :))  and cut trail - image
 that??

 At MOST rides I do not believe the RM cares.. actually it is no more
 'illegal' then the HRM -- OH but then many years ago a few tried to
 stop the use of  them also.. REASON why any tech tool is 'illegal'
 ??
 It gives 'you' an unfair advantage.. like you may actually take
 better care of you horse??  at least pay attention  -

 AERC does not address it.. a RM who disallows them should be
 reported to the BOD?   Then they will pass a quickie fix rule?

 *** anyone riding with techie tool (GPS HRM TEMP etc) or uses a
 custom made saddle that fits the horse, and plastic shoes, and designer
 feeds, and supplements, and human sport thingys and biothane and
 anything else deemed 'unnatural' by the RM, the Vet, recorder, pulse taker or
timer, may
 only ride for completion miles ****   also NO newbie can us any
 techie tool.. they will NEVER learn how to do REAL endurance with
 such aides. **

  -- a little humor?

 I ride with the GPS transmitter on the BACK of the helmet.. wont get
 hit by trees as easy.  I SURE would NOT attach it to the saddle.
   It is not really waterproof.. I may put mine in a baggie?? when it
   rains, or tape over the button and the battery   cover.

   Great weather here in TN the last few weeks - riding 3 horses.
   Sometimes 2  a day. Great!!

--
Roger                          mailto:roger@xxxxxxxxxxx

Kristen in TX asked >>>Everyone keeps asking me in they are legal to use
during rides though...???<<<

Yes they are...any reason they would not be?????
Jonni