RE: [RC] White Hairs-Saddle Fit Question - Laurie Underwood

How about another back question, then?  A few nights ago I noticed my
mare had a raised, dry spot on her back, just to the left of her spine.
It looks like a scab, but there is no blood, just dry crusted skin in
one nickel-sized spot.  She is not sore on it at all.

I've logged a good deal of conditioning miles and ride miles on Lil this
year, although the last two weekends I could not ride because I was out
of town or the weather was lousy.  Lil is also a lesson horse and is
typically ridden by newbie riders about 6 times a week for a half an
hour at a time -- walk, jog.  I ride in a Toklat woolback high profile
pad with an Abetta endurance saddle. I've been using the woolback pads
for about 6 months now.

I've checked the saddle and don't find anything loose or protruding.
Since I am a very right-side dominant rider, I am always conscious of my
weight distribution and I always check my pad after I ride for wear
patterns.  They seem to be consistent on both sides and Lil's back is
100% wet.  I also always check her back for soreness.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Laurie Underwood