[RC] White Hairs-Saddle Fit Question - Peter Harper

Hello All,

I just noticed that my Chestnut TWH mare is getting
white hairs in the saddle area.  They just recently
showed up when she shed out her winter coat.  I see
them on both sides of the loin behind the withers.  I
know that they are likely due to a problem with saddle
fit.

My question now is which saddle?

I just purchase her in December and have been trail
riding on a fairly regular basis for the past four
months. We've done one 25LD and a 20 mile training
ride. Otherwise only about 10 miles/week average.

How quickly do the white hairs appear with a poor
fitting saddle?

I didn't notice any white hairs in the saddle area
when I baught her but could they have been masked by
her heavy winter coat?

Assuming it is due to my current saddle and I fix the
issue will the white hairs go away?

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Pete and Ladyhawk in TX