From: Dana B.
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 10:37 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] forwarded with permission....ld/BC
LD is not endurance, I'll be the first to admit.  But in my short time doing LD I have learned things that friends who have had horses their whole lives didn't know.  In my mind the educational mission of AERC is to create better horsemen because I felt it had that effect on me, but I lost sight of the fact that the goal is to develop endurance riders, preferably those who go 100 miles.  I guess that makes sense, but I sure loved feeling a part of that dream, even if from the fringes.  And it's going to be hard to explain to my friends who would never ever consider doing a 50, but who I have talked into do an LD or two this summer.

Dana Baldwin, AERC#30836, West Region, 110 miles LD, 140 miles NATRC, pulled at mile 30 for tack rubs on her first 50, who feels like a ship without a port at the moment

PS  Heidi, congratulations on your 6,000 miles!!!!  That is a wonderful accomplishment :-))

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx