[RC] LD - Julie Fuller

I'm with you on this Barbara..... I've been doing mostly LD for several years and I've never actually heard anyone say to my face, (or anyone else's) anything disparaging about LD. I've been constantly amazed at how wonderfully helpful everyone is, how well everyone takes care of their horses, and the comraderie in this sport is to be commemnded.

I can't begin to list all the times I've gotten great advice, or gotten help from other riders (even though they had to stop riding to do so) regardless of their distance, or mine. I've seen many, many people help out others in need, with no regard to their placing, distance, breed of horse, or whether they sleep in a $100k LQ trailer or the Low Rent District. The lack of any kind of prejudice in this sport is just one of the things I value the most.

I do throughly enjoy the raging debates on Ridecamp, but if these same debates happened continually around the campfire at rides, they wouldn't last long. It's easy to be opinionated in type, not so easy when you've got a pissed off person in your face. Emotions run high, people get upset and either shut up or go away. (Or set someones tent on fire:)) Perhaps the reason no one ever says anything about LD is because it's been hashed over so well here, or, as you said.... For the entertainment value.

Julie

One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want. ~ Homer Safferwiffle