[RC] ponce de leon pirate run - Ed Kilpatrick

     it was a bittersweet time at pirate run this year.  this will be the last time this ride is held at kim williams' farm, due to the forthcoming sale of timber company property that was used for most of the trails.  plans to continue holding the pirate run are in the baby stages, with a possible location in the blackwater state forest. i hope it works out!
     a very special thanks goes out to kim williams and her wonderful staff of volunteers, mom, lavinia, sherry, eric and so many others.   a great vet staff was on hand, doug shearer, ken marcella, and michael porter.
     the trails were challenging, but very well marked.  this part of florida actually has hills, big hills(well, for florida).
     i dont have all the numbers, but there were about 80 riders total, in three different distance categories, 25, 55, and 75 miles.
     i did the 75 mile ride, on my mustang, gorgeous george.  for the first time, i sponsored a junior rider, sandra foti, on her arab, somethingsostrong, or "something", as sandra calls him.  so, all day long, george and i had "something" just behind us, or "something" just ahead of us!   we had a great ride, finished fit and sound.
    pirate run has been special to me, in part because of kim williams incredible hospitality, but also, because it is where i got my start in this sport.    so,   thanks for the memories!     ed