Re: [RC] Trail Judges/Jeanne - Maggie Mieske

I had a physical fitness class this semester and at the end we do a "fitnessgram".  If we can complete all of the tasks on this thing (min. # of crunches, push ups, sit and reach, etc.), we can get a "fit for hire" certificate (employers can't ask about your health but you can include this in your portfolio).  I have just started on this road to physical fitness... even though I can ride 100 miles, I am NOT what you would call physically fit.  Well, a lot of the kids fudged some of the tasks.  I was disgusted to see this.  No protest and grievance in place for this.  Everybody on their own merits.  Anyway, I already made arrangements to come back this fall and try to complete the tasks after I've had some more time....I am not able to complete the 12 minute mile yet...I can only manage about 3/4 of a mile!  :)  I asked him if he wanted me to come see him so he could observe me doing these tasks.  Nope, he trusts me.  I could have fudged all those things and still gotten the certificate.  BUT I WOULD KNOW!  So, I've buddied up with someone else who wants to come back and do it and we're going to monitor each other but only for the "honor" of it...to really be able to say WE DID IT and have a witness!  :)  I don't know how people could live with themselves or feel any pride in achieving something that they cheated at whether it's a fitnessgram or an endurance ride.
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve