[RC] Founder and Hoof Problems - Stephanie E Caldwell

Got a question for the vets and farriers. This week my
vet came out to see Star, she had some kind of weird
fungus crap on her soles and he was in my area. While
he was there he commented that her feet look like
she'd recently foundered. My farrier said the same
thing, even claimed to feel a "fever ring" right under
the coronary band. We're doing X-rays in the next few
weeks, and I just had X-rays done 8 weeks ago of all 4
feet lateral views. Is there anything else that can
mimic founder type growth? Her soles were so tender
that I was forced to shoe her as she's got several
bruises from being barefoot for two days (between
throwing her shoes and my farrier coming out). Any
thoughts on what this might be? I see this horse
everyday, so I don't think she could have foundered
and me not noticed.

Thanks,
Steph